Last Updated: July 1, 2021
Candymakers s.r.l.s., a Italy limited liability company with its principal address at Corso Carducci 26, 58100 Grosseto (GR) ( “Candymakers”, “us”, or “we” ) respects the privacy of its users and recognizes the importance of providing a secure environment for them.
The personal information you provide Candymakers may be transferred to, stored, and processed within the United States or other countries where Candymakers maintains facilities or business operations.
What personal information is collected and how do we use the information?
Candymakers has collected the following categories of information in the preceding twelve (12) months:
• Data received directly from you. We collect data directly from you such as name, email address, IP address, in-game nickname, account ID, technical data and communications between you and us when you:
• Play our games – including via our beta/alpha game test demos and, if you choose, crash information for certain games. We use this to provide the game play experience to you and to better understand player reactions and experiences so we can make improvements to the game. We also receive IP address (to help debug network issues), hardware information (for support issues) and information about the game such as your game stats (so you can understand your game usage), the version of the game you last used (to allow you to connect to different services) and analytics data (about connection information, disconnections, match making requests, login, disconnect for support and troubleshooting, as well as data about how you interact with other players, for example the location your character died or the weapons selected for combat to help us design and balance the game. We process this information in accordance with our contract with you and in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide you with game support and to improve game design). If you test our games, we process this data in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to improve the product).
• Ask us to provide player match-up services. We use your user name to set up these tournaments and provide this game play experience. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide a safe and fun product).
• Contact us – email directly to us, generated via our ticketing and community management platform or communicate with us via third party sites or apps. We use this information in order to respond to your questions and make sure that you are able to fully enjoy the game. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide you with game support).
• Data received from others.
• Gaming platforms (e.g Steam, Oculus) – when you play games via third-party platforms, the platform may provide us with your in-game nickname, account ID, and Hardware ID. We use this information in connection with the terms and conditions and end user license agreements you have agreed to in order to enable you to play the games as well as to better understand player reactions so we can make improvements to the game;
• Other users – for example when you play the game, your interaction with other users may be recorded, or other users may report suspect in-game behavior so we can ensure that users are playing fairly and abiding by the community standards. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide you with game support and ensure compliance with our Terms of Service);
• Press – we may receive testimonials from game players via the public press and other news or review outlets that cover our games. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide a safe and fun product); and
• Third parties – we may receive user names, and other information you provide, from third-party communication platforms and other forums that provide communication services for game support. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide you with game support).
• Candymakers and our partners, such as marketing partners and analytics providers, may use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Websites, tracking users’ movements around the Websites, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well aggregated basis. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to ensure our website works properly).
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share your personal information with third parties, including:
• Regulators and judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies. There are circumstances in which we are legally required to disclose information, including to comply with a legal obligation or processes, enforce our terms, address issues relating to security or fraud, or protect our users or Candymakers.
• As with any business, your personal information will become part of our normal business records. As such, we may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we decide to sell a line of business to that third party, so you can continue to receive service and information in connection with that line of business with as little disruption as possible. Similarly, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event, your personal information may be transferred to Candymakers’s successor or assign.
How Long We Retain Your Data For
We store data that identifies you until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or your account is deleted, whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
What are tracking technologies and how are they used?
As is true with most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this in line with our legitimate interests to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or website functionality.
How secure is my personal information?
The security of your personal information is important to Candymakers. Candymakers has taken steps to assure that all information collected will remain secure. Candymakers follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to Candymakers, both during transmission and once it is received.
In addition, Candymakers will take reasonable steps to assure that third parties to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of personal information.
What if I have a question or complaint?
If you have any questions or wish to file a complaint, please feel free to e-mail Candymakers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of Other Consumers
Individuals in certain other jurisdictions may have additional data subject rights. These rights vary but they may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal data; and (iii) the right to data portability. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of personal data with a data protection authority.
Exercising Your Rights
You may contact us in relation to these rights by emailing Candymakers at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take appropriate steps to verify your identity, including confirming your in-game information, before granting you access to the personal information we collect, use and disclose about you or deleting your personal information. You may also appoint an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. To appoint such an authorized agent you must contact us at the email or physical address above and provide us with a notarized power of attorney.